Top tips for Christmas gift shopping
Years ago, when it was time to get the Christmas gift shopping done, this used to mean a trip to the local high street or the shopping centre which had every kind of shop, all under one roof. By the end of the day, you’d be laden down with multiple bags and boxes and when you got home, you would eventually discover that you had forgotten to get a gift for at least one person.
These days, the internet has changed all that – BIG TIME! From the comfort of your own home, you have the whole world at your fingertips. You can research, browse and peruse and if you don’t feel the need to touch everything before you buy, you can get all your Christmas shopping done without ever leaving the house!
Here’s a few pointers:
1. Getting all your gifts from only a few retailers will mean less deliveries to wait for and will help with keeping the delivery charges down too
2. Many retailers offer free delivery if spending over a specific amount and there will be plenty of free delivery offers in the run up to 25th December
3. Most retailers don’t offer gift receipts for online purchases but you do have the ease of being able to email receipts to recipients should they need to change anything
4. Many retailers will offer additional discounts as it gets closer to Christmas so although there is an advantage to waiting until the last minute before doing your Christmas shopping, you also run the risk of the gifts you want no longer being available
5. If you like to see the items you are purchasing before deciding on whether they are suitable, look for retailers that offer free returns and don’t forget to get proof of posting for anything you are sending back
And if you just can’t bear the thought of Christmas shopping online or otherwise, get Girl Friday to do it for you! Whether you want a really special gift for your significant other or would like someone to take care of ALL your Christmas gift shopping, Girl Friday will be happy to help.