Be my Valentine... on a budget
With Valentine's day just around the corner, and with everyone still in a lockdown situation, meals at a favourite restaurant won't be happening, jewellery stores won't be open and even your local card shop won't be able to help.
So maybe it's time to think about some more simple, cost effective and thoughtful gestures to surprise your loved one with. Here are some ideas to get you started:
1) Fill a jar with post-it notes describing everything you love about them
2) Make a list of all the favourite memories you have shared together
3) Make them their favourite meal
4) Give them hand made vouchers (e.g. foot rub, household chores, extra kisses)
5) Make them a hand-made card
6) Create a montage of photos of the two of you
7) Write or perform a poem or a song
8) Make them breakfast in bed
9) Take the day off and go for a walk together (locally, of course)
10) Bake them a cake / cookies or make some chocolate truffles
Showing how much you love someone doesn't have to cost the earth so why not try something a little more cost effective and a lot more thoughtful this year?